Saturday, May 28, 2011

WVMBA Tour de Lake

  This last weekend I took off an OMBC race to do a WVMBA race. We were getting a little tired of the cold and rain, so we headed south to do the Tour de Lake race.
  As  we were going thru Ohio it was of course raining. But when we got to West Virginia the sun came out and warmed up to 93 deg. As we were getting close to the race my dad saw a turtle trying to cross the road so he stopped to help him across the street. My dad said it's good luck.
  Everyone at the race was very friendly. The race was one lap around a large lake. It started out with a steep climb up a road, it really separated the field. When I got to the top of the climb I didn't see another women and it stayed like that the rest of the race and I cruised to a win.
  It was my first race with my Superfly Elite. I LOVE THIS BIKE! It is a little smaller than my last bike and I feel more comfortable on it. The bike accelerates great a jumps over logs with ease. Can't wait till the next race, I hope we see a turtle in the road.

                     Lindsey :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment